Everybody now varies conscious towards their health and most of them turning towards healthy and natural food. And believe it or not, most of the foods are rich in its nutritional values and berries are one of them. The big myth among people is that healthy things are not delicious; however, that statement is not right….. there are so many foods that not only excellent in taste in spite also provide tons of health benefits.
Below we provide Top 5 Delicious Recipes and Health Benefits of Antioxidant-Rich Berries:
Health benefits of berries:
There are a variety of berries which are high in antioxidants including Strawberries, Raspberry, Boysenberry, Cranberries and Blueberries. Berries are tiny tasty and tantalizingly colorful.
Regulate blood pressure:
These berries are recommended for people who have high blood pressure. Berries maintain healthy oxygen level that actually maintains healthy oxygen level by supporting consistent blood flow throughout the body. Potassium is rich in berries so it prevents blood pressure and also lessens the effect of sodium. According to experts low level of potassium actually increases the risk of developing high blood pressure.
Research has revealed that berries prevent cancer including cervical, colon, breast and prostate cancer. Phytonutrients present in berries play an important role in lowering oxidative stress, alters the development, reducing inflammation and reproduction of cancer cells. High amounts of copper, vitamin C and phenolic compounds make these berries rich in antioxidants that help inhibit cancer cells from progressing. Frozen and fresh blueberries have an equal amount of antioxidant capacity so you can also consume frozen berries to enjoy the anticancer benefits from these berries.
Berries are packed with antioxidants, fiber and Vitamins that actually helps to control blood sugar level. Berries are one of the excellent medicinal foods that used to treat diabetes.For diabetic people suggested a ¾ cup of strawberries daily.
Hmm….most of the girls stops there because they are various conscious about their looks, their physique. Berries are full of Fibers and liquid content and you can feel full. This will indirectly help you shed the excess pounds.
If you want to maintain your eyes include berries in your diet mainly because they are rich in Vitamin C content. These antioxidants lower the risk of developing cataracts as they fight with free radicals. It provides protection against eye diseases, such as glaucoma. Berries actually strengthen eye’s cornea and retina.
Improve your skin:
If you want beautiful and glowing skin use homemade face pack of berries. The enzymes exfoliate dead skin and also prevent clogged pores. Berries are acting as perfect skin toner even various faces washes or face products contain barriers as their core ingredients. So why not prefer to use natural fresh berries. Mix any type of berries with honey and rub it gently over your face, leave it for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it with lukewarm water.
Healthy and delicious Recipes:
Antioxidant-packed barriers such as raspberries, blueberries, Strawberries, and blackberries are packed with the highest Antioxidants. To the following easy recipes you can make any of the recipes.
Berry Delicious Fruit Salad:
Most people assume that berries are only used to make desserts but they are not aware that you can also use berries to make salads.
2-3 cups melon such as cantaloupe or honeydew cut into chunks
2 cups pineapple
1 cup seedless grapes
3 oranges, 2 of them peeled and sliced into chunks and 1 orange juiced
1-pint raspberries,strawberries and blackberries
⅓ Cup chopped mint leaves
¼ cup honey
Juice of 1 lime
How to make it:
- Cut all fruits in small pieces. Toss fruits together in a bowl.
- Whisk the orange juice with honey and lime juice.
- Pour above mixture of honey orange and lime into tossed fruits.
- Also add mint leaves.
- Finally, Allow it to set for 15 minutes before serving.
Baby Spinach with Fresh Berries, Pecans & Goat Cheese in Raspberry Vinaigrette:
This sweet and nutty salad is an excellent source of folate, vitamin C, and manganese which is beneficial to your health.
4 packed cups torn fresh spinach
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1 cup fresh, or frozen, blueberries
1 small sweet onion, sliced
Two tsp of white wine vinegar, or cider vinegar
Dijon mustard approx 2 teaspoons
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon curry powder (can be omitted)
How to make it:
- In a large salad bowl, toss together spinach, strawberries, blueberries, onion, and pecans.
- Combine dressing ingredients in an airtight container and shake well to mix them all.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Berry Smoothie Recipe
This can be a good replacement for all those carbs filled breakfast options. This drink helps you to lose those extra pounds that you were thinking from last few months. You can also enjoy this drink during summers.
A cup milk
1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
½ cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
3 tbsp of sugar
1 cup ice cubes
How to make it:
- Place the milk, berries and sugar in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Add ice cubes.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Drink your way to health and wellness.
Coconut Water & Berries Detox Smoothie:
Coconut water is an excellent source of electrolytes, vitamins, proteins, and fiber. Berries help to regulate blood sugar levels, cleanses the colon and weight loss. They are loaded with vitamins, antioxidants, minerals and dietary fiber.In addition these berries are also very useful for your overall health such as improve hair and skin along with heart health and boost immunity.
A glass tender coconut water
One cup strawberries
A medium sized gooseberry
1/2 cup tender coconut
How to make:
- Cut strawberries, blueberries and toss it with tender coconut water and add mint leaves into blender.
- Next remove seeds from gooseberry and cut them into four pieces, later throw it into the blender.
- After blending add the coconut water into the blender and spin it for three seconds.
- Add mixture into a glass and enjoy.
Berry-Stuffed French toast Recipe:
We think people of all ages love to eat sandwiches as they are not only delicious but also healthy for your body.Are you one from those people?
For Raspberries Syrup:
2 Cups fresh raspberries or either you can take frozen raspberries
¾ cups packed brown sugar
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For French toast:
Use 8 Ounce cream cheese
½ cup sour cream
18 slices fermented or Sourdough bread
½ cup preserves raspberry
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup half and half cream
11/2 tsp of ground Cinnamon
How to Prepare:
- Combine brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and raspberries in a saucepan. Boil them boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes. The remove from flame and stir it with vanilla. Set aside.
- Take a bowl beat cream cheese and sour cream together. Once it gives you good consistency spread over your bread slices.
- Combine vanilla with preserve raspberries and spread it over cream cheese . Now cover your prepared bread slice with another bread slice.
- Take another bowl and combine the eggs, cinnamon and cream. Dip both sides of bread which are filled with cream cheese and raspberry into egg mixture.
- A minute later cook it on hot greased griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side until it gives golden brown color.
- Cut slices of bread in half diagonally. If you want you can sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and garnish with raspberries.
Everyone wants to eat tasty or healthy food isn’t! We are sure you also want …Hence, why to wait when here we provide recipes of amazing dishes. Just go to your kitchen and start making a dish whatever you like from above-given recipes.