We can’t take sneezing as a serious problem but surely can be quite frustrating when you keep Sneezing over and over again. From getting rid of AHHH . . . CHOO! You may visit the doctor again and again but not get relief so why don’t you try a few simple home remedies to get rid of sneezing?
Sneezing is a common problem that can occur due to various reasons and sneeze due to allergy is most common among all. Some people suffer from dust allergy, pollen grains, sometimes due to cold attack or last but not the least carbon fumes that are available outside.
Home Remedies for Sneezing:
There are many essential oils that are just the right combination of properties that helps to stop sneezing and also cure other allergies that causing sneezing. Peppermint Oil has excellent antibacterial properties that can help to give you relief from sneezing and also open your airways so that you can breathe easily.
How to use this:
- Take Peppermint Oil and add it into the bowl of hot water. You can also use a steamer.
- Inhale steam coming out from the boiling water and cover your head with a towel.
- It will clear your nasal passages and stop sneezing.
If you are sneezing all the day long…just make a cup of chamomile tea for yourself before going to bed and in the morning you would getting up without sneezing. This is a herb which is natural antihistamine properties that can provide instant relief from sneezing. You can also have it during day time; we recommend this actually at night so you can get one more benefit from it that is of good sleep!
How to use this:
- Use one teaspoon of Dries chamomile flowers to one cup of boiling water.
- Continue boiling for a couple of minutes.
- Strain the solution and add honey just to improve the flavor.
- It is advised to drink twice in a day to stop your sneezing.
Chinese medicine has recommended the use of ginger to help cure and prevent several health problems and sneezing is one of them. Ginger has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antioxidant, antihistamine and anti-emetic properties that going to treat allergies that inhibit airway contraction. This leads to clearing of mucus and stops sneezing.
How to use this:
- You can either consume it raw or make it into a mixture along with honey and swallow it.
- Alternatively, wash, peel and crush the ginger root and extract juice with the help of the cloth. Extract 1-2 tsp of ginger juice and have it twice a day until the sneezing stops.
- Another option is to cut a ginger root in a small piece and add it in a boiling water steep it for few minutes, strain it and add honey for flavor.
Garlic does a good job in slowing down your sneezing episodes. It has excellent anti-bactericidal, anti-viral and anti-allergic properties. If your sneezing is due to cold then this is one of the quickest remedies for sneezing.
How to use this:
- Crush 4-5 cloves of garlic and make a paste.
- Take this paste on your spoon or in a bowl and inhale its strong smells that coming out from the paste.
- This will surely open the nasal passage of any mucous or other toxin and at the end, you may get rid of sneezing.
These tiny golden brown seeds have antihistaminic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. This not only stops sneezing but also gives you relief from other symptoms like runny and stuffy nose by providing a soothing effect on the mucous membrane.
How to use this:
- Add 2 to 3 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds into Boil water until the water remains half in quantity.
Drain the mixture and drink this water in sips.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day.
Rinse Nose with Saline Solution:
How many of you know that sneezing is also caused by pollen, dust, dirt etc. so next time whenever you feel that sneezing occur due to these reasons immediately rinse your nose with saline solution as saline water helps to soothe your irritated mucous membranes of the nose thus curing inflammation.
How to use it:
- Select a device to douche your nose and fill this with warm saline water. You can also add salt and baking soda.
- If you don’t have douche than you can use a dropper, take few drops of solution in it and put it into one of your nostrils and then drain it after few seconds same you can do with other nostrils.
- Keep your mouth open for breathing while you let the water pour into your nostril. This saline rinse will keep your nostrils free from foreign objects and stop your sneezing.
Preventive Measures to Combat Sneezing:
Keep Yourself Away From Allergy Triggers:
You don’t believe but there are certain food Items that could be the factor behind your sneezing. Some foods that are responsible for causing sneezing including Frozen foods, aerated drinks, gluten-rich foods, refrigerated drinks, peanuts, and dairy foods. Just find out from which food you are allergic and avoid consuming it.
Make your Immune system stronger:
You may get sneezing due to your weaker immune system. Consume some vitamin C rich foods to boost your immunity consume bell peppers, Guavas, lemons, watermelon, oranges, broccoli, and berries. Alternatively, you can also pick Vitamin C supplements (500 mg Vitamin C daily) from the nearest medical store.
Water is the solution for all:
Water hydrates your body and trigger sneezing that is caused by dried nasal passages. For this Drink glass lukewarm water, alternatively, you can even wash your face when sneezing. The logic behind this still not found but it gives you relief.
Clean your hands:
We think it is one of the best hygiene methods. Wash your hands very often with soap and warm water this will help to prevent you from germs and dust. After washing your hands Use paper towels to dry your hands and throw them away after use.
As we all know smoking is not good at all so quit smoking especially at the time of cold as smoking may congest your air passage more and worsen the condition.
Maintain a healthy lifestyle:
Healthy lifestyle plays an important role maintains your lifestyle by changing eating habits, sleeping habits and also waking up. When you have a cold or sneezing problem it is advised to keep a handkerchief with you or also tell a person who is suffering from cold and also doesn’t share utensils and towels with the infected person.
Here are some tricks to stop your sneezing. Try to stop sneezing every time may lead to grave health problems later. Sneezing during allergy season is quite normal. This is just a way of clearing the irritants or dust from your upper respiratory tract. If you sneeze for just a few times a day its normal but when you sneeze continuously then you need to take steps to stop sneezing.